Thursday 14 August 2014

BWC2014 - 18th June (Day 35 - 17th Working Day!)

Pink cups.. so kinky...
I could be a famous go-kart driver!
It wasn't that cold this morning.  Probably because there was no wind.  The traffic was so smooth that I reached the Volunteer Centre at 8:30am.

I had a "tour" around the stadium today driving on the cart.  The speed was slower than I thought.  Though I could not perform my drift, I still enjoyed the ride very much.

In the evening, we had a meeting to plan on the work arrangement for tomorrow match between Colombia and Ivory Coast.  I was excited to be placed at the Media Tribute during the second half, where I would be serving the water bottles to the media staffs and get the chance to catch the game!! Live inside the stadium!!  For the first time, with more than 60000 spectators!!

Some other booths for the football
fans to visit during the match day!
Fan area outside the stadium!
If this is so-called hitting a lottery, I was the winner today when Flavia walked over and told me that I would be doing the rehearsal with the young kids tomorrow morning as well!!  I would be pretending as one of the player walking out to the field holding hands with the kids, singing the national anthems, shaking hand with the "referee" (in this case was Bart, another fellow volunteer!) and my "opponent players"!!  My dream to step on the grass would be materialised tomorrrow!!  I could not asked for more!

I left the Centre feeling ecstatic!  Have not been eating at the food court for some time.  I went again and had the craving for that shrimp rice with fried chips all mixed in tomato sauce. Happily enjoying my dinner with a glass of beer, someone tapped on my back.  She was the waitress from the opposite stall, which I have been eating all the while!  She doesn't speak English.  It was nice of her to come over and said hi.  I looked over to the stall and the other guy, a manager, met my eye contact. We greeted each other in a nod as well.  She was asking why I wasn't having my meal at their stall!  I promised her I would, the next time I came to the mall again.  I really did a couple of weeks later, but I never had my meal there!  I did not see the waitress nor the manager anymore!  Suddenly felt life is so special and precious. We should appreciate every moment.  If you have someone you like to meet but always have an excuse for yourself, I hope you do so soon because you will never know if that would be the last meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment