Monday 7 July 2014

BWC2014 - 16th June (Day 33 - Additional Rest Day!)

Acommon beverage
order form!
The great goalkeeper!
It was a great rest day. I slept a lot. No plan for a run at all because I had an appointment with Aldo for lunch around 1pm.

So I made full use of the morning to stay on bed. When I finally woke up, I was still feeling sleepy until I noticed my first strain of white hair, which fully wake me up! Had my breakfast and left house around 12 to meet Aldo at the bus terminal. 

The bus terminal wasn't a place many of the local I knew would like to go. But surprisingly, there were at least clean toilets with soap and even paper to dry your hands!

The famous soda, Guarana,
with Neymar's signature!
Aldo picked me up at the usual spot and drove me to a restaurant where we had lunch and watched the Germans trashing the Portuguese 4-0. I finished off a draft beer, but our lunch were still not served after more than 40minutes! We rushed the waiter only to find out that our order was not available!! The match was almost over when we finally get to eat our meal.  The food was good. Probably because we were starving!! I had another big bottle of beer. Aldo's wife came to join us too. We chatted till around 4pm. 







When the bill came, they charged us the earlier order which was not available too! After that was fixed, I noticed they also charged two bottles of beer when I was pretty sure I drank just a bottle. There had this custom here where the waiter will replenish your empty bottle without asking. So, Aldo believed I had two instead. Maybe he was right, I didn't feel right and started to get very tired shortly. 

Cheese with "dulce de leche"
(sweet milk) for dessert! 
I was walking around the shopping mall near the terminal looking for my contact solutions but only managed to get a couple of overpriced toothbrush! 

This farofa changed
my opnion forever!
Felt really sleepy all of a sudden and quickly took a bus home. Reached at 6 and dropped onto my bed immediately for 2 hours straight!! Totally missed the USA vs Ghana game!

Cooked some noodle for my dinner, checked some flights online for my trip to Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo and Iguazu and it was already 12am . 

Neglected my blog for a long time, I did some update before going to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment