Sunday 6 July 2014

BWC2014 - 14th June (Day 31 - 15th Working Day)

Today was my first day of the afternoon shift (and also the last)!  Made full use of it to catch up on my sleep!  As a result, I lost the fight of determination and skipped my run this morning. Just did some exercises to make myself felt better.
Swiss team, the first to train at Brasilia!

Swiss team testing the field...
Left the house around 10am. The buses were not that many at this hour. Reached the Volunteer Centre at about 11am.  Tomorrow would be the first match day at Brasilia, between Switzerland and Ecuador.  On each day before the match day (Match Day minus one), the teams would have a training session at the stadium, and depending on the kick-off time, the training also starts at different time.

We went to the Media stand with Tony and saw the Swiss training session.  There was only time for a few pictures before the field was closed from media.  We moved back to the Centre to help out on lunch. After that, we went back to the media stand again to catch the Ecuadorian practicing. This time, there were more people around and was too obvious to snap any photos. Again, it was only 10 minutes or so before we were asked to leave the area.

Media catching the team training.
TVs at the Media Tribute...
Met some volunteers from the Media, including Carol's sister, Vanessa! Didn't knew she was her sister until we met again with Carol at the Centre. 

The rest of the day were just to shift the juices from the cold container to the machine at the check-in counter for the volunteers tomorrow.

During lunch time, I met a Brazilian whose name is Alfrodite, which means Goddess of Love!  What a name it is indeed!  Earlier, I also met another Brazilian girl with the name of Iaradine.  She said it is a Greek name and would test me if I could pronounce it correctly every time I see her!  In fact, I just found out from Leornado that Mexican also has their mother's name in their name as well!  
Sorry.. no lunch for you today!
Juices for the volunteers on Match Day!

After the end of the third match between Italy and England, Leornado, Jose and I walked to the bus terminal together and met Bart with his friend from South Africa.  This made us a group of five different countries from five different continents!!  A Mexican, a Belgian, a South African, a Brazilian and an Asian!  The meeting was too perfect not to have a picture together! (but yet I don't have the picture with me! What a shame!)

I reached home and the Ecuadorian (I always felt bad for not remembering names!) was cooking some food for all of us.  Everyone was around except Fernanda's dad.  Had a beer and only slept around 12am!  With less than 5 hours of sleep, I was a little worried that I could not wake up at 5am tomorrow morning for the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment