Saturday 28 June 2014

BWC2014 - 13th June (Day 30 - 14th Working Day)


Since the last three days, the weather was getting colder. Although just 6 hours of sleep, I felt fresh after waking up today!

A very quiet day at the Volunteer Centre.  I was the only one from Catering this morning. Leonardo was with me but he was in charge of the Cafeteria at the SMC (Stadium Media Centre).  Later, Kate came to help just before lunch.  Laura, Livia and Otto joined later.

Just realised that Kate speaks very fluent French and Spanish as well.  She mentioned about the Festa Junina (June Festival) party which was a very famous party usually held at church in Brazil, with great food.  Although named June Festival, this party was common till August every year.

Coca-cola!! Water!! Coca-cola!! 
When the lunch hour was over, we walked to the stadium to bring the bottle carriers to the storeroom at the Media Tribute area. These were used to serve the media water bottles during the match!  After that, Otto drove all of us to the McD and treated us an ice cream cone!!  He also got for each of us a McDonald pin from the manager!

We came back to the Volunteer Centre just on time for the 4pm matches.  We ended the day with a tour to the SMC again, following Bid the actual way we should be taking on match day according to the access we had.


Stadium Media Centre rows of TV...
Back to the Volunteer Centre, I enjoyed my free dinner again . Helped out a little during the dinner session and then watched last game with Hector, a Peruvian and Bart from Belgium. There were 26 volunteers from Peru and at least 2 from Belgium and Singapore!  When Bart told me about the other Singaporean volunteer at Natal, I was a little disappointed indeed, since I would not be the "Special One" from Singapore anymore!  =]  But of course, I couldn't wait to meet him at Brasilia when he is coming for the quarterfinals.  Bart also told us about his amazing meeting with Pele, the great soccer legend at Sao Paolo's Unique hotel!  He was surrounded by bodyguards and could not get an autograph.  Another legend, Cafu, was there too!!  He highly recommended this place which has a beautiful pool at the top with a wonderful view of the city!  Just like Marina Bay Sand hotel in Singapore! 

The guys left earlier and I waited for Bid who drove me to the bus station. When I reached home, I met the Ecuadorian friend who just arrived at Fernanda's place. Unfortunately, he doesn't speak much English, but he mentioned that Ecuador has a lot of volcanos, and many of them are still active!  Reminded me of Miguel whom I met at Rome last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment