Wednesday 6 January 2016

Korean drama - day 7: Traveling to my favourite town, Danyang (30.11.11)


My nice cosy room
The coolest vending machine!
Woke up on a lazy rainy Wednesday at 8:30am. Had breakfast, did my final packing and bid Cora and Hikaru farewell. Met a couple of Thai as well.

The weather made you reluctant to move. The rain was good enough for me cover my backpack and kept my sling bag in the waterproof bag. Luckily I managed to squeeze my smaller backpack inside the Deuter.

After half an hour metro ride and I reached Gangbyeon station where the bus terminal was. It was very easy to locate. There was English sign around. Crossed the street. Bought the ticket to Danyang for W12700 but I was short-changed by w1000! There was still 50min before 12pm for the next bus. I saw the fast food Lotteria again. Nothing much to do, I had my early lunch and sat there hoping to get some wireless access. Unfortunately even the payable one was not working.
My favourite... Garlic!!!!!
View right in front of
the Motel


Slept like a log in a bus! Along the way, I saw more churches than temples although I thought Korean’s religion was mostly close to Buddhism.

Reached Danyang at 2:15pm. Saw an information centre nearby and got some information on the transport to the Sobaeksan National Park’s hiking starting spot! 

Weird fish around the Danyang
Found a motel and popped in.  The most interesting finding of the day was the vending machine which dispensed the room key after slotting in the money!  For an extra W10000 more than the hostel rate, this motel was worth very cent of it!  You get all the toiletries like a hotel.  There was also a PC, free wifi and a nice huge bed with floor heating!! 

Nice tree outside the Motel
It's been snowing the whole day!

Danyang was really a nice small town! Right in front of my hotel was a small hill with great view!  It was snowing!  I walked around to get a cap and a pair of waterproof shoe. The guy at info center suggested a shoe with better grip. Bought some snacks and my breakfast for the following day at a bakery.  Bought some apples for the hike tomorrow as well. Hung around the town for a while. Went back to keep my stuffs.  Idling for a while and already started to feel hungry at 5! Went out again thinking of having some snack first.  Instead, ended up having early dinner in a small restaurant for some local rice dish.  It was really delicious. I’ve forgotten the name but you basically mixed all the vegetables with some red sauces together. After I came in, all the tables were suddenly filled with young students one by one.
Before....
and after....

Night night along the river
Now I missed my backpack rain cover. Trying to looking around the town for a new one but could only find a raincoat as the closest replacement.  Back to motel again at 6 plus. It was still snowing.  After my shower, I hopped over to the convenient store, Gs25 to get my coffee for tomorrow.  Bought an instant noodle for a heavier breakfast too and couldn't resist the beer in the end.

My sleeping "pills"
Enjoying the rest of the night with the TV which had many English channels and even a Chinese one as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment