Thursday 7 January 2016

Korean drama - day 9: Visiting a friend at Ulsan (2.12.11)

Rare English Signage
since out of Seoul


The bed was really nice. Woke up at 7:30am. Got ready everything and thought of getting a nice breakfast. Seems like the Koreans don't eat out much in the morning. Even the fast food Lotteria was not opened yet! I was left with GS25 again.


Books vending machine!

It was a mistake to get the instant noodle. Not really a fan at all. Felt like sipping scope and scope of junk into my stomach. Walked to the cafe last night to access the wifi for a while before nature called. Noticed my poo poo was kimchi-red!!  Guessed too much of the local must-have!  Didn’t really fancy kimchi back home but the kimchi here was so fresh and delicious! 
Did my final round of checking in the room.  Wouldn’t want to leave another needful stuff behind.  Instead, I realized there was indeed free wifi access in the comfy of the room!! 


The menu.... and
.... the real stuff.  
Doesn't quite look alike?

Got my 9:15am ticket to Yeonggu.  We stopped half way at Pyeongsa Service Area for a 10 minutes break.  Had some chicken nuggets to pass time.  An hour later, I reached Yeonggu and got my ticket to Ulsan.
It seemed that the train stations in Korea were usually out of the town while the bus stations were located more city centre.


Having a snack at the rest area

Reached Ulsan around 2:30pm.  Kept my luggage in a couple of lockers for lighter movement.  In order to retrieve my smaller backpack, I had to literally take out everything from the large backpack!  Walked around the area looking for wifi and a nice seat with power plug preferably, and bingo!  Found one perfectly at the basement of a department store, Multi Plaza, nearby the bus terminal.

Highway Rest Area.

Spent almost three hours there before heading to meet my friend, Vanessa, at her school. Her direction was perfect and knowing the name of the stop just before the one I need to alight was the most critical!

Wonderful Korean BBQ dinner at night!

I could have come earlier to avoid the after-office crowd. The bus was so packed, it reminded me of the trip from Singapore to JB which I took every Friday night when I was just started work in Singapore.
Finding the bus stop was a piece of cake. I waited almost half an hour and when it finally arrived, the bus driver gave the "no no" hand shake sign. I started to panic a little.  My notes didn’t explain what happened next!  I reckoned I still managed to find my way to meet my friend without much problem.

Met Wendy, a local Korean, and had a really nice BBQ dinner for only W5000 each!!  Backed home to unload my stuffs and off we went bar hoping around with Vanessa’s friends.  They were all English teachers from America!!

We came back around 3am and dropped dead tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment