Tuesday 28 December 2010

24th Dec – Day 48, Kuroshio Town (Tosa Seinan Big Park)

The kids of Hamada's family!The bed was too nice. I left my bed grudgingly to the toilet at 5am. I saw lights at the dining hall already and wondered if Kotaro-san had already awoken! I jumped back into the bed and couldn’t get up at 6. After many rounds of snooze, I forced myself up around 7am since everyone was already waiting to have breakfast!

Kotaro-san was about to go to work. He gave me more chocolates and a charm from his temple. I felt bad for not having breakfast with him and didn’t manage to take a photo together! After my breakfast, it was time to bid farewell to the family. I thanked Mieko-san again and again. She gave me their contact in a postcard with the photo of the kids!

It was around 8:30am when I left. I walked to the convenient store hoping to meet the boss again to thank them, but the shop attendant said they were not around. I moved on feeling very blur the whole morning, still puzzled at my luck yesterday!

Whales watching is very famous along this coastal areaAfter 2 hours, I stopped briefly for my bread. While I was half way eating, I smell something wasn’t right! It got worse and found out the sewage was at work! Quickly packed up and moved to another vending machine outside a hotel.

Tosa Seinan Big Park!It was a very windy day and for the first time, I felt cold during the walk! Another hour passed and I realized, I was almost at the intended destination within 45 minutes. It was still 11plus, and I wondered if I should continue my walk until the next destination which was another 2.5 hours away.

Nice snack at the Michi-no-ekiAround 12pm, I reached the Michi-no-eki. Hang around the place for an hour and had my pre-lunch there to stay away from the strong wind outside. Then, I started checking out the toilets from the map. The first one was already closed. I walked further along the beach! The sand was nice and my shoes were full of them after the short distance. Reached the second toilet and it was just great! I was already planning to check-in to the “Toilet HoteAnother nice view of Shirahama Coast!l” again. Left my bag inside the handicapped toilet and took my valuables to look for lunch! It was already 2 plus. Perfect! The supermarket was just 5minutes walk away! Had my lunch inside the supermarket, and found out from the cashier that there was a bath house at the hotel just 400m away from the Shirahama Coast!toilet I came from!! Perfect again!! Then I was considering whether I should come back later to get my breakfast and dinner or buy them now, since the supermarket was closing early at 7pm! I knew it was a bad choice to delay the purchase, because I never made it back to the supermarket after that. Instead, I was spending hours at the hotel after my bath, since there was an internet access!!!

Someone is following me!!I had two glasses of milk inside the bath area and enjoying my junk food again while uploading my blog. After Nice beach at Tosa Seinan Big Park!2 hours plus, the staff didn’t like me occupying the space and chased me out! I had to step out of my comfort zone and walked to the front desk. I tried to check the restaurant at the hotel for the price and met the same staff! He said in deep Japanese, which basically told me to f*** off! Glad there was still seats at the front desk and spent another 2 hours updating my blog. Didn’t want to plug in my power plug, just in case the same staff hunted me down again! Surprisingly, I wasn’t feeling hungry still. Perhaps, the milk and banana bloated me.

Around 8:30pm, I left the hotel since I still had a half an hour walk to the convenient store to get my breakfast and have my dinner. So, I spent an hour walking toFavourite 100yen coffee! and fro, just to spend 30 minutes eating my instant ramen, and bought a milk, a yogurt and a couple of bread! And the convenient store was really running low of stocks. There weren’t many choices for my dinner! And there wasn’t even any cheese and slice breads! But, the walk wasn’t that bad! Half an hour seemed pretty fast, and luckily the wind was kind throughout my journey!

One of the many 'Toilet Hotel'!Came back to the toilet and continued to update my blog. It was pretty chilly still because the wind was cutting through the gap underneath the door! I was so clever and stuck some tissues to seal the opening as much as possible. And Santa Clause even gave me a present! The wifi signal from the hotel was so strong that I could spend my Christmas with the internet! Soon it was already 12:30am, before I realized it!! I quickly got some sleep!

Today was somehow a slack day at 16.4km!

2 comments:

  1. the postcard is too cute! tell me how was spending xmas eve in a toilet like when you're back, ok? merry christmas again... love, kuan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, happening man!! I must thanked Santa for the internet, or else I would be singing Eason's "Lonely lonely Christmas..." =]

    ReplyDelete