Sunday 25 May 2014

BWC2014 - 24th May (Day 10 - Sports Watching Day!)

That's what happened when
you are too bored!
 After missing for the last two days due to work, it was time for a run again. Started around 9am. It was just as tough as the previous run although the timing was better.

Great pool with great weather!

By the time I had my shower and breakfast, it was around  11 plus. Getting a little lazy to go out again, I postponed my trip to the Paranoa Lake and spent the rest of the morning updating my blog. I was really slow at doing this. Always two days behind.

Time for lunch and the thought of walking 30min to and fro just for a meal was already unbearable. So, my only resort was the instant noodle I brought from home. This time I had the dried “Mee Sedap”. I even cook one packet for Fernanda's mom to try! Thiago liked it too.

UCL final between Atlético and
Real Madrid!
Shortly around 3:45pm, it was the UEFA Champions League final between Atlético and Real Madrid!  For the first time, I was watching a live football match in the afternoon!  Personally, I thought Atlético played much better than their counterpart.  The passing and defending were superb!  Real was so lucky to equalize at the 93min (although it was a great header goal indeed) and their confidence returned to win them the championships in extra time, by the score line of 4-1.

Just when the game was about to end, Fernanda introduced her cousin and then invited me to join her and her friends for a chat over some beer!  Her friends were really cool and they could understand English very well.  As least, Fernanda saved the effort on one side of translations.  One of her friends even showed me on her phone a latest song from the Taiwanese singer, Kimberly, 愛妳 (Love you)!  

Dinner time!!
NBA Western Conference Final
Game 3 between Pacer & Heat!
Later, we ordered pizza for dinner, got more beer from the convenience store opposite the road and spent a long evening till 10 plus.  After bidding them good night, I checked out the TV and the NBA match between Indiana and Miami was not over yet.  Third quarter of the Western Conference Final Game 3 was just about to begin.  The series tied at one apiece.  I finished the game at around 12 plus before going to bed at 1am!  The latest since I was here at Brasilia!

No comments:

Post a Comment