Monday 19 May 2014

BWC 2014 - 15th May (Day 1 - on the plane)


It has a long while since the last time I write about my travel!! Ever since the tragic incident, I guess I've lost some steam to update my blog. Maybe I wasn't crazy enough... But Brazil World Cup 2014 brought out the craziness in me again!! Never did I expect I am one of the lucky 20 thousand plus they picked as a volunteer for this year World Cup at Brazil, among the 150 thousands applicants.

Though the offer came a little late, I considered myself very fortunate to get some cheap accommodation online, minus the air ticket! After some fair share of worry about the visa, I finally got everything settled about a week before my flight, which was tonight.

I missed it 12 years ago, never did I expect to make it 12 years later!
I am still pretty convinced that I am the only Singaporean crazy enough to pay hefty airfares and accommodation with two long months of free time to spare. Many of my same breed might not be able to fully comprehend. Sometimes I don't myself. Perhaps, I just do it to keep my craziness part of me alive.
And so here I am by 9pm at the KLIA all checked in and ready to board. By the look at my flight time of 11:20pm, it surely looked like I am a little overly cautious. But after a few usual new-generation-can't-live-without social network messaging, the TV screen showed the gate is already opened for boarding at 9:50pm. I walked to my gate. The queue was long. The flight was probably full. I looked for a seat trying to find a socket, like a curious kid looking for surprises under the benches.


I gave up very shortly and continued my messaging. When the queue gets shorter, I did the security screening only to be stopped for my filled water bottle. Sometimes, I just couldn't understand why I had to empty my bottle when I could immediately fill it up in the waiting area, right after the security check! Not slipping any opportunity to fulfill my social messaging responsibility, the announcement finally called for my seat row to start boarding.

I wished I boarded a Korean airline instead of KLM and you probably knew the obvious reason. Still trying to send one last message, but my Whatsapp seemed to be pretty lagged today. I could not get the connection and obediently set my phone to airplane mode, although I was a little jealous that my neighbour on my left was still facebook-ing.

Now you see, now you don't!
Stupidly flipped through the magazine, I was bored and tired. We took off on time and soon snack was served. As always, I had my usual favourite tomato juice. I hang my inflight entertainment system and left with updating this blog to kill more time while waiting for supper to be served. It was close to 1am. My eyes could hardly opened. Probably because of the dry contact lenses. But, I could not bare to skip my in-flight meals. Many would not fancy it, but I always look forward to in-flight meals! The bread with butter was just amazing. One of the food that makes me "shake" (in Cantonese, we say 「爽到震」 if we love something so much). The beef with rice was great too. Feeling all satisfied, the next thing left to do was... falling asleep. It was 2am KL time.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. A pleasant surprise to see a new entry from your blog in my feed. Next post please show some photos of hot Brazilian girls, not airline food please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... I will try my best to fulfil your wish, my brader =] Glad you still receive feed on my blog.. =]

      Delete