Tuesday 27 May 2014

BWC2014 - 26th May (Day 12 - Failed attempt of catching the sunset)

Very nice homemade
chicken rice for lunch!


Had a good run this morning.  I am slowly improving and hoping to get back to my usual distance and timing again soon.  Another lazy day.  Since I had already been to the Paranoá Lake, decided to skip it until Aldo and I arrange to go there again for SOP (Stand On Paddle)!  He said you can do windsurfing at the lake too, but best to be done in August when the wind was stronger!
Graffiti at Boulevard Centre.
Ok, so what’s the plan now?!  The ultimate plan for the day would be to catch the sunset.  Aldo suggested somewhere near the JK museum is the best spot.  Found out from Google map that it was pretty close to the stadium too.  But, sunset only starts at 5:47pm here!  

More graffiti at Boulevard Centre!
I guessed it’s time for me to chill out and read my book at a café.  I let the next bus to decide if I should go to Park Shopping or the mall near the bus terminal.  Fate was having fun with me.  The next bus was written “Park Shopping” and “Rodoviaria”!  It stopped at Park Shopping.  I eventually settled with the latter option and headed straight to the terminal.  Along the way, we also passed by the Zoo and caught some elephants, giraffes and a zebra for free!  So, if you are planning only to see these animals, you can save on the admission fees!

Very old comic books!

Very old book stall!
At the terminal, I noticed the other side was actually a different complex, called the Boulevard Center.  Took a walk around the place and saw many local restaurants and lots of graffiti too.  Browsed through an old book stall and a comic shop, before going to a café at the Conjunto Nacional Shopping mall.  I brought my laptop today and spent a couple of hours updating my blog instead.  And of course, now and then, there were some distractions here and there on the internet.  But at least, most of the time, it was put on good used to check about the National Park in Brasilia.  After reading some review, it looks like the public transport doesn’t bring you all the way to the park!  One comment in Tripadvisor even said “...avoid coming by taxi, and if possible, let your brazilian take you ;-)”!
A news presenter
bumped on street!
Cool guy with his cool PC!




Around 4:30pm, it was time to leave for JK museum.  The bus ride should be less than 15min, but including waiting time, it should be the right timing.  Just when I stepped out of the mall, it was one of those rare drizzling days again.  In fact, this was only the second time so far since I arrived at Brasilia.  The sun has always been amazing!





Cafe Latte with pepper...
no I mean brown sugar!
Self-made popcorn!
I could only turned back to the mall and went for my early dinner instead.  After that, the drizzle advised me that it was time to go home!  Heavy traffic as usual during this time of the day.  An hour or slightly more was common nowadays to get home.  I walked to the supermarket and did some groceries.

Did more research on the National Park before catching the Roland Garros highlights on TV.  The NBA Western Conference Final Game 4 was live tonight as well.  Before I could finish the game, I was already drowsy.  I gave in and went to bed in the end at 11:30pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment