Thursday 29 December 2011

9 mountains - 10.6.11 (Day 24 - Reaching Mt Jiuhua)

Woke up one minute before the alarm rang at 6:45am. After struggling for 10minutes, I got out of bed and prepared to alight. At 7, the staff wasn't around to exchange the ticket yet! I thought something must be wrong. Around 8, I was told the train would only arrive at 8:50am. So I went to have my breakfast. Eventually, we were only at Huangshan station at 9:45am, more than 2 hours of delay. After taking the train for so many times, I encountered my first delay. Wet said it was common for delay actually.

I asked the staff at the train station and was directed to a bus stop just outside the station to catch a bus No 9 to the terminal stop where the long distance bus station was.

After a short wait, the bus came. It was only a 15min ride to the terminal. The next bus to Jiuhua was 1:30pm! In fact, there was only one bus everyday!! I was lucky I did not miss this.

I walked around the station. Nothing much that could keep me entertained for 3 hours!

Egg-yolk-less dumpling =[
I came to a food stall at the waiting area and noticed egg york dumpling!! Decided to have my belated dragon boat festival dumpling. But sadly there wasn't any egg york in mine!! Maybe they got my order wrongly.

The first hour was a struggle. Wang Xiao Hu (the singer of a recent 2011 famous song) kept repeating to me "xiang ai bing bu na me rongyi..." over and over again in the station until I almost gone mad.

I walked over to the same restaurant to order a soup noodle for lunch. After 15minutes, nothing seemed to happen. I checked with the staff again. I knew I had been forgotten. A couple of minutes later, there was an electricity cut!! The stall owners said they could only serve rice now. I wouldn't mind either. But the old lady told me I was lucky. "Your order had just been made on time!" I just smiled and thought "Ah Yee, I've waited for a long time already!"

When I paid, the staff apologized for the delay. I thought that was what bring customers back!! I always thought I would make out to be very good and customer oriented staff if I were to be in the service line!!

The bus departed exactly on time. There were only 6 of us in the big bus. 2.5hours later, we reached Qingyang town and was transferred to a minivan.

As expected, we were all brought to the preferred hotel of the driver. It was another hour of ride before we reached the Jiuhua Shan scenic area.

The owner charged me rmb210 for the entrance fee and hotel room! One must wondered it was bargain because the entrance was rmb190! But instead I was actually given a concession ticket and the owner tried to convince me that the staffs would not check the ticket.

The rain got heavier when we reached the hotel. Stuck with no way to go, I had my early dinner at the lodging.

After shower, it was still only 7pm. I kept switching the channel from 1 to 70 and then back to 1 again until my eyes went blur!!!

Watched a competition to imitate the Hong Kong famous singer Andy Lau. Saw a few impressive one whom not only sing like him but looked like  the singer as well!! Nothing much on CCTV5 after that. I was looking for match-making program again until finally I found one around 11pm. This 郎才女貌 is a new program that I had not seen before. Only now did I realized that almost all the girls in these programs were very pretty and I started to doubt if all these were just the gimmicks of the TV producers. (In fact, it was! Later my friend who works in a modeling company told me that all the girls were models from his company!!)

At 12am, I finally willing to switch off the TV and went to bed. The rain had never stopped until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment