Tuesday 27 December 2011

9 mountains - 4.6.11 (Day 18 - Lazy day at Guangzhou)


A rarely seen church in China
After a "marathon" last night, I woke up at 12pm feeling really lazy and call the front desk to extend my stay for one more night. An hour later, the cleaning lady gave me a wake up call 5-minute earlier than my alarm.

Showered and had a bowl of delicious wanton soup!! Then, back to the cafe next to my hotel for some snack and a milk tea.

After that, I walked around to look for a bank. Guangzhou has so many foreigners too especially Africans, Philippines and Malay as well!!  I supposed they were here mostly to stock their products for sales back home.
Lollipop that could cover the whole kid!

The shops here were very organized in different streets. Hardly you see a shop selling different product on the same street except food and drink perhaps. I passed by streets specialized in Chinese medicine, printing, electrical, computers and packaging. Amazingly, you can find packaging bags of more than 100 different sizes!! From as big as my body size to the size of my thumb!!!! Even the rubber bands came in all sizes!!

Back to my hotel to take a break. My friend, Yomi called and met her for dinner and a movie, the Fast and Furious 5!! I couldn't remember any movie so popular that were squealed for 5 times, except perhaps Batman and Stars War.

I thanked my friend a lot for her hospitality and took the cab back to my hotel around 1am. Showered and watched two back-to-back match-making programs before I knocked out in bed at 3:30am, feeling the sensibility in me again

No comments:

Post a Comment