Friday 30 December 2011

9 mountains - 12.6.11 (Day 26 - The end of the journey with Mt Putuo)

Part of the path..
A red door!
The train arrived 10minutes earlier at Ningbo. The staff had already awoken us at 5am! Cuddled under my blanket for another 15min before I got ready.

Start point of the trail..
It was raining as forecasted by the weather report I checked earlier. I came out and saw mcD the very first thing. Immediately went over to cure my stomach while planning for the next move.

I looked out from the entrance and saw the rain in depress. I checked the next schedule to Shanghai and thought I could catch the earliest train at 7:30am back home!! Of course I didn't!  How could I possibly skip the last mountain, Mt Putuo, of my Nine Sacred Mountains expedition!?
"Young Lady"at the shore

Eerie creature...

Couldn't find anyone to ask for direction. The ticket officers were very busy. The policeman was on the phone, with his girlfriend probably. And I ended up asking the wrong person. The bus company staff. Was directed to another town, Shenjiamen instead. She said there was few ferries from Ningbo to
Man at work!
Putuoshan Island. I could only believe so. Somehow I had this feeling that Seremban has few bus to Malacca and was told to take one from KL instead!! So, I was taken to the south bus station to catch the long distance bus. The information center there told me there was no ferry from Ningbo!! I guessed I'd probably misjudged the bus company staff. I think my Chinese look helped a lot during the whole trip. Many thought that I am a local from Guangzhou. I really felt sorry for those foreign travelers who doesn't speak Chinese.

The final destination.. Nanhai Guanyin
Temple at Mt Putuo

The trip was exactly 2 hours. As directed by the information center, I had to take a short cab ride to the ferry terminal. Bought a ticket and waited for the ferry.

A monk and a temple along the shore.
Getting closer to destination..
A temple along the shore
Around 10:30am, the ferry arrived. I waited patiently for all to board. Only to be stopped later because the ferry was full!! Luckily the wait for the next ferry was only 10 minutes. The boat ride was roughly 15minutes.

I reached Putuoshan Island around 10:45am. The island was pretty huge with many attraction. Spending a night there would be a good option to explore all the places in ease. But I didn't since I missed my "home" so much!!

I started off at the southern gate. The area was quite without any tourist.

Finally here at
Nanhai Guan Yin Temple
Sneak preview of
Nanhai Guanyin Temple
Pray with the heart...
Saw a very beautiful green bird with white head. Near the shore, there was this weird creature that looks like centipede. The sound of the waves near the beach was great.

I realise if we slow down, we can actually see and enjoy a lot of things. The same goes for your life!

Suddenly two girls was jumping in front of me when I saw them. I remembered I didn't have my Joker make up on! It was the frog instead!

I kept walking towards the peak direction. Taking my own sweet time. Passed by a nice beach called 100 steps beach. There was another one called 1000 steps beach, I did not get into there!

A zoom in view of the
Nanhai Guanyin
The famous site where Guanyin
left her fingerprints!
I visited a place where you can see a huge Guanyin statue and the site where legends said the Guanyin left her fingerprints while she leaped and crossed over the ocean! Also came to one of the big temple along the way before I finally reach the path going up the peak. It was only 300m asl! I was still taking my time but the steps seemed to be tougher than I expected. And then I realised my time management was getting worse and I started to rush up! I had to stop many times to catch my breath.

An uninvited plastic bag!
Had a little snack I bought and moved on. Finally I came to the peak where the famous temple was. Paid the entrance fee and did my prayer. There were quite a lot of people too. At the second floor, I saw many statue. Each donated by different people from all around China and other parts of the world. I saw some Phillipines and a couple of Singaporeans too.

Getting close up on
the craft work
Nice craft work at the main temple.

On my way down, there were huge groups of tour. I walked down very fast and back to the main entrance of the island again in lightning speed!! There was a guy offering bus to Ningbo. I was tempted but worried they would delay and I would miss the last train back to Shanghai. So, I bought the ferry back to Shenjiamen again and the staffs at the island informed that there were direct buses going to Shanghai!! I was delighted and managed to catch the 5:30pm bus. It took about 3 hours to reach the Shanghai bus terminal at Huangpu.

Some ritual at the main temple
Glad I managed to catch a cab not long after that and back to my "home sweet home". No! It was my buddy's house actually who worked here since many years ago.  It was really nice to be back to idling state again after a tiring but enjoyable 26 days excursion around the famous nine sacred mountains of China!!
Thanks a lot for reading everyone and I hoped you enjoyed my unnatural and implausible sense of humour! =]  Check out the rest of my journeys too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment