Monday 26 December 2011

9 mountains - 3.6.11 (Day 17 - Rest day at Guangzhou)

Woke up an hour before the alarm rang. Continued my sleep until 7am. Had a nice shower and checked out at 7:25am!

I could had taken the cab to catch the 8:11am train. Instead I walked to the bus station and had to wait 15minutes. Sometimes I wondered why I could spent 20bucks on a coffee but not for a taxi ride to catch the train!!!

And that was how I was fated to take the same train, G1023, I took from Wuhan to Hengshan West and now to Guangzhou, exactly 24hours later!!

Glad I could had a cup of coffee while waiting. It wasn't a long wait though. The train was pretty empty. I wasn't on my original seat but who cared.

Guangzhou Subway ticket!
Clean toilet with toilet paper! Soap and paper towel! Pretty and friendly staffs!! Affordable price!! I so love bullet train in China!!
Looks like a sign for the
monkeys in the subway!

Exactly 2hours later, I had already reached Guangzhou South station!! Thought I could see the ladies in uniform a little while longer.

There was a subway at the station. I checked out the stop I should alight and bought the ticket. It was just a small scan-able token!! The subway was new and clean!

Somehow I felt like home when I heard Cantonese. I stopped at Haizhu Square station and took a walk to a recommended hotel from the book. It was a busy Yide Road. Turned to Renmin Nan Road and thought the hotel had closed down. It was located right at the end of the street!


Having Teowchew food
in Guangdong place!
Checked in and went for lunch at a local stall nearby. The beef noodle wasn't enough to satisfy my appetite that I had another Chao Zhou fish paste noodle. After that, I thought of finding some nice coffee with wifi but ended up in restaurant just next to my hotel.

Spent hours there using the free wifi to check my emails and messages.

Around 5:30pm, my friend, Yomi, came to pick me. We went to KTV with her friends in a big group and then had late dinner at a famous restaurant among the youngsters, called Uncles's (Biao Shu 表叔). My friends told me that you could see many hippy and trendy youngsters all night!! Indeed it was.

Don't be jealous! I'm a lucky guy!
After that, we thought of catching a show, but due to poor turn out, the screening was actually cancelled when we reached the cinema!!!

In the end, we went for a foot massage instead. And ended the day with a splendid Guangzhou supper (and of course, more drink!!)

In one night, I drank up all that I had missed for the past 17 days!!! Reached the hotel just before dawn, but it was a great fun night thanks to Yomi and her friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment