Tuesday 27 December 2011

9 mountains - 5.6.11 (Day 19 - Detour to Hong Kong)

Reminded me of Yip Man's
training ground for his disciple (taken outside my hotel
room at Guangzhou)
Woke up once at 8am. Went back to sleep till 11am. Got ready and checked out. Had a bowl of beef noodle and back to my favorite cafe for the milk tea. Thought of having my favorite local dessert, peanut paste at a stall but they didn't have that already although there were still pictures on the wall.

After my meal, it was time to say goodbye to Guangzhou and hello to Hong Kong. It was unbelievable that I had stayed in China for almost 2 months and had to leave the country before I could come in again (My visa was a 60 days stay only)! I walked to the subway and took a ride to the east train station. It was very convenient. At the station, I immediately saw huge signs directing passengers traveling to Hong Kong. The single trip was rmb159. The next train timing was perfect. After immigration clearance, it was time to board. The train was pretty empty. They even served you a bottle of mineral water!

The signboard at the subway
An hour plus later, I crossed over to HK and lost my phone signal. Around 4pm, I was at Hong Hum station, the terminal stop.

Got a sim card and called my friend, Horace. He directed me to Kam Chung station to cross the strait and caught a cab there to his apartment. Met Michelle for the first time after more than 10 years in the university!!

Sai Kiung's tranquil
We hanged around at home for a while before heading to Sai Kung for seafood dinner. We were pretty early and had a delicious bowl of La Za Min (literally means dirty noodle), famous for its history as a street stall noodle.

We tool a stroll around the coastal area after that. There were many people. And I saw a lot of sun tanning enthusiasts too!

Great seafood at Sai Kung
Around 7:30pm, Ada reached. Sam and his wife, Tiffany, soon arrived too. We had a feast!! Many of the seafood I had not even seen before! After the splendid dinner, we continued our strong appetite at the famous Moon Kei dessert shop. The durian pastry was really very tasty!!

Great company of friends from Hong Kong...
Everyone was very full after that. We went to pay Sam's house a visit, before sending Ada and Michelle home for a men only outing!!

The rest of the night was drink, drink and more drink!!! It was really nice to catch up with old buddies again.

I had forgotten what time we came home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment