Thursday 29 December 2011

9 mountains - 9.6.11 (Day 23 - On the Road to Huangshan Train Station)

Had my breakfast and one last foot massage before I had my shower and left the paradise at 10:30am!! Summing up a total of 38hours marathon in a spa!!

Took the subway to the Shenzhen train station and bought the next train to Huangshan station at 12:30pm. Previously, I did some research that I could go to Jiuhua Shan from there as well. My initial plan was to go to Wuhu but that was further up north and Jiuhua was actually between Huangshan and Wuhu.

Great view from Huangshan!
Met a youngster in the train going to Nanjing to meet his girlfriend. He studied animation but worked in the properties line. He gave me his name card and I thought his English name, Wet, was pretty cool!!

We chatted for a long time, although he talked most of the time! Around 5:30pm, I took a nap and woke up at 8pm to have dinner. Nothing as fancy as I had before in the train. Surprisingly, no one chased me away from the dining booth this time and I sat there for a long while. Soon Wet came to join. He had his dinner and offered a beer for me too.

Yet another great view from Huangshan!
Another great view from Huangshan!
We went back to our bed around 10pm and met our new mates. The two uncles were from Jiangxi. They were going to Nanjing as well for work. They were Hakka and seemed pretty excited to know I'm Hakka and speak the dialect too.

We chatted till 12am before going to bed.  Spending all day in the train, there was obviously nothing much interesting to take any picture.  So, here's some pictures of Huangshan which I went last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment