Sunday 25 December 2011

9 mountains - 1.6.11 (Day 15 - On the Train from Chengdu to Changsha)

Had a terrible dream! Dreamt that I would be dead soon and had to leave my loved ones. I was hugging my sister and we cried.

I woke up at 3:20am to switch off the TV. Continued to sleep till my alarm snoozed twice at 6:50am.

Wonderful way to start the day!
Got ready and went next door to have my bacon, fried eggs, toasts and coffee!! Hmm, yummy!!

Around 8am, I walked to the reception to collect my laundry but no one was around. Went back to do my business and came back half an hour later.

Another different lady who accepted my laundry yesterday charged me only half the price that I was quoted!
I got 5 t-shirts and a shorts cleaned for only 12rmb!!

Huge Chengdu East Train Station!
I went to the bank and then took a cab to the east train station. It was about 15-20minutes ride. The station was huge like an airport!! I heard it was new and soon would replaced the old north station. The taxi driver was amazed with his first visit too!

I refilled some drinking water, took some pictures and soon it was time to board. I like Chengdu!! Hope to come here again in the future to Jiuzaigou and many other tourist spots.

See you, Chengdu!
For the first time, I would be traveling from the first station, Chengdu to the last station, Changsha. From Shaanxi to Sichuan, I now passed by Chongqing to Hunan. Spent the rest of the day on the train from 10:09am to 6:42am the next morning!!

My great lunch!
I updated my blog, ate an apple and listen to my iTunes. It was still 11:30am only. Announcement mentioned that lunch was ready. I walked to the dining area just next coach. Glad they had cooked food!! Ordered a capsicum pork with rice and it was very delicious!! Still hungry, I couldn't wait for dinner time. I sat at the dining place for a while to update my blog until my phone ran out of battery.

Returned to my bed and dozed off for half an hour while charging my phone. Nothing much to do, I walked around for a short while.

Almost bored to death, I took out my snack to occupy myself for a while as I listened to the songs I recorded last night. The singer was amazing. Wished I could go back and listen to him and other singers again! He induced my singing kick and I had about half an hour of "solo-concert" inside the empty berth.

View from the train window.
I was all alone in my berth until we reached Chongqing. A guy came in for the other lower bed.

At 3:44pm, I had fully used up my spare battery and left with 90% of battery life to accompany me till I had an accommodation tomorrow, most likely, in the evening!

My new roommate was a nice guy. He stayed at Chongqing with his wife and was on the way home to visit his parents at Changsha because of the Dragon boat festival public holiday. He thought me a better way to Hengshan via the express train, which only took half an hour. He showed me the train schedules and I could take the same train to Guangzhou after my Hengshan trip!!

My great dinner!
Very soon, it was 5pm. I dozed off again and woke up 2 hours later!! Freshen up myself and thought of asking my "roommate" to join me for dinner, but he already eaten while I was asleep.

I had fried beef and a plate of Chinese cabbage. The cabbage was rather salty but the beef was very nice with lots of vegetables cut in tiny pieces.

Back to my bed, I chatted with my roommate, Mr Xiao and only now did I realized there was a socket in our berth!!!! I was so happy and quickly charged up my spare battery.

Mr Xiao's wife loved to travel as well and she seemed a hardcore with a big backpack and even travel cooking utensil!!

Finally finished my blog entries at Emei Shan, I brushed my teeth at 10pm and lied on the bed listening to my iTunes untill 1am when my battery was very low for me to charge again!! I love soft-seater train!!

An hour earlier, a lady from Huaihua boarded, followed by another guy 30minutes later to make a family of 4 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment