Friday 5 November 2010

1st Nov – 7th day at farm, sunny day.


Today’s breakfast was special. Two sausages and a fried egg with, you got it, miso soup and rice. Yuhei-san wanted to sell his vegetables. I got the message immediately. Weeding!! What a way to start the Monday blue. So, I worked hard for 4 hours, stopping just once to pee. By now, I’d almost completed the half of the onion patch on the field! Another couple of hours would be done. It was a great day too. The sun was finally seen. I could even felt the heat on my back. After lunch, I quickly went back to my room and wash the rest of my shirts and towel to hang them outside. Yuhei-san said we shall collect Kabosu again later at 2pm. Since it was so sunny, I decided to go for a walk and catch some sunlight!

Today, we went to a different Kabosu site. Not so fun this round because it was not easy to find good ones to pick. We went back after a couple of hours and I started to be the Kabosu Quality Separator again.

Suddenly, from a sunny day, it became so chilly in the evening. It was exactly 1 week before my schedule pilgrimage at Shikoku. With this kind of condition, how am I supposed to sleep out without a shelter? If I would to stay at accommodation every night, that would cost me a bomb! Perhaps, I would be better off to quit. Sigh, before I even started to walk, I already had the thought of quitting. I wonder if my mental strength would be strong enough to carry on for the whole pilgrimage. Previously, I made the decision to start from Temple 43 to save cost, but starting from temple 43 would also be tougher since the next temple is 68.5km away! Already the beginning I would start off with such a challenge. Wonder if that was a good idea for my morale. Anyway, I thought I would need to do some research on the cheap accommodation along the way when I had internet access again at Beppu on Friday.

So, I had 3 more days at the farm now! Already, I had such a great experience here. I hoped I could do more WWOFFing with other hosts in the future before my membership expired in October. Today dinner was great. We had steamboat with chicken and vegetables. Found out that, adding lemon (Kabosu, in our case) and soy sauce into the soup could be so tasty!!

Eyes were tired, but it was still 8pm only. So, decided to watch a movie again before I sleep. Another stupid show, Splice, recommended by Mr Ben Lim Kok Leong!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to try a Kabosu! I hope you can find another wwoffing experience with less weeding. (Sorry, Yuhei-san. Weeding is not really my brother's thing. I'm sure he's better at something else.) Hope you would be having a great day on the eighth day!!xx

    ReplyDelete