Friday 5 November 2010

5th Nov – Beppu Guest House

I woke up earlier to bid Morioka’s family farewell. We took pictures using my camera and Yuhei’s. After breakfast, Yuhei-san sent me to the station. Luckily I don’t have to walk 4km again! Before that, he was very nice to bring me to the nearby waterfall! It was a nice photogenic place. There were benches to sit down, read a book and enjoy the view! Yuhei-san also recommended the Aso mountains at Kyushu. He offered his place for me to stay! I thanked him in advance. At the station, I bid him farewell again and thanked him very much for the great experience.

Still another 20minutes before the train was here. Called up the accomodaion at Unomachi. Unfortunately, both were 4300yen and 5300yen respectively! Over my budget =[ Reached Beppu at 10am and checked in to my favourite place! I stayed at the penthouse today with a balcony!! Think I was alone in the room for the night all by myself. It was so sunny. I quickly did my laundry. Washed almost everything I had. By late afternoon, they were all dried up. I was still thinking about using the dryer at a nearby coin laundry!!

Caught up a bit with friends online and checked out the various accommodation at Unomachi (where I would start by pilgrimage at temple 43), but no luck. Went for lunch at a nearby ramen shop and then tried to walk to the ferry port to check out the place. It was a long 35 minutes walk. Checked out the schedule at the bus stop and decided to take the bus instead tomorrow morning. Bought my breakfast and snacks and went to check out the drug store to get my heat packets as well. Another addition weight to my already burdensome backpack! Came back to rest a while and update my blogs to the website and try to check out the accommodation again, and then saw a super babe at the Guest House in the evening!

Went to the same ramen shop for my dinner and then headed to the nearby 100yen onsen! On the way, I met this Japanese guy. He asked me where I was from and we chatted for a while, and he told me he had been to Malaysia and Singapore. He said Changi airport is huge! Then, I told him I was going for the Shikoku pilgrimage and he said, “Chotto mate!” (Wait a while) I thought he wanted to give me o-settai (gifts for henro on the pilgrimage) Instead, he showed me his passport that he had been to many countries. Cambodia, Thailand, Laos.. I wasn’t paying attention actually! The onsen was better than the previous I went last week. Had my bath there as well.

Just when I thought how perfect this guest house was, I met a “Siu Keong” in my room, trying to play hide-and-seek among my new washed clothes!! I hope I don’t have cockroach for supper or breakfast tomorrow!

So, this was it!! 2 more days before the start of my pilgrimage!! This was what all this blog was about! The sole reason for it’s existence!! Don’t felt much at this moment. Only worried that I could not get a cheap accommodation at Unomachi! I would just have to take one step at a time and worry about other things later.

Will not be able to access internet for a while. If you don’t hear from me after 10 days, call the police!!

2 comments:

  1. hey! what number should i call aa? don't worry. do your thing. hope you'll post every day.. btw, your penthouse looks great! also, papa and mama say hi! We all miss you. your smile is our sunshine. love, kuan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks.. say hi to mom and pa too... tell them not to worry.. i'm fine here.. =] will upload more of my pictures soon =]

    ReplyDelete