Friday 5 November 2010

2nd Nov – 8th day at farm, good day!





It got cold again these two days. Today was tougher to wake up. Saw the newspaper that the coming few days were going to be colder as well! After breakfast, I started work as Kabosu (Lemon like fruit) Quality Separator again. My standard got better, in term of speed and quality control. Lesser numbers were rejected by Yuhei-san. After 3 baskets of Kabosu, I moved on to pack rice into 10kg bag. This time round, there was a machine to weight the bag automatically! The machine will suck the output from the Rice Separator machine and stored in a compartment. You lift the latch to pour the rice into the bag, and it will stop automatically once the bag is weight 10kg! There was another machine, which work as a dryer and the output was pour directly to the Rice Separator machine. After around 6 bags, we stopped and Yuhei-san started to clean up each of the machines again. Today, there was dessert after lunch. It was a very delicious fruit cake made by Aiko-san!

There was still an hour before I start work again at 2pm. So, I decided to try out the “Find Home” function on my Suunto watch. Walked to the Cake shop outside Yuhei-san’s house to try searching “Home” from there. However, it seemed to detect my Singapore home and showed 4350km!

At 2pm, we packed and kept (or more like Yuhei-san himself actually) some stuffs in store. Yuhei-san is a very organized person. Everything was kept nicely and placed at the same location after used. He also like to mumble to himself all the time. Shortly after, Yuhei-san told me to go weeding! Instead of a “sigh”, I was actually pretty happy about it! In fact, before we started packing the rice in the morning, I was thinking about asking Yuhei-san too, after my Kabosu’s task. And so, I did for 2.5 hours. I thought I could finish the remaining patch, but, I was slightly disappointed that I couldn’t. One or two more round perhaps! Yuhei-san later came to pick me and we went to Chika-san’s school where she was having her volleyball training. Then, we went to buy some stuff and came home for dinner.

Every time I washed a rice cooker, I thought of mine last time. It has been almost 2 years and I wonder if the feeling will ever go away. Not sure if Yuhei-san could read my mind. He had been asking me questions these days. Instead, I got quieter. After dinner, Yuhei-san asked for my blog address. I hope he would not mind what I wrote about him =]

You just can’t stop eating in this kind of weather. Just back to my room and I already yearn to have a bite. One macadamia chocolate could not satisfy me. So, I could not wait till later at night and had to munch the raisin bread I bought last Sunday. Yummy!! I love raisin! This afternoon, I have already planned for a movie again tonight. Think I was addicted to it. Perhaps, that was the only other entertainment I had. I could have played some games on my laptop or iPhone, but I wasn’t very much a gamer, especially playing alone. In the end, I decided to read up Don Weiss on his pilgrimage at Shikoku instead.

2 comments:

  1. To note: Home is in Mutiara Barat. Home is not SG. That's the country that issued your passport. :P

    Sorry for the weeding. Daijobu neh. I will bake you Guinness cupcakes with lots of raisins + claypot brinjals with salted fish. OK? Miss you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... ok ok.. got it.. =] i miss Guiness draft so much !! haha..

    ReplyDelete