Sunday 28 November 2010

25th Nov – Day 19, Bangai 17 (Kannoji)

Took me 15 minutes to find my bearing. It was around 8am when I started on the right path. A boring walking day. Quiet and nothing much interesting to view. Saw a lot of people jogging this morning. Today’s plan was just merely Bangai 17 which was around 12km away and I had to come back to Temple 75 again to continue to Temple 76. Therefore, I stayed at the same lodging for the second night. There was actually no typo error on the Bangai number. I was not sure why Bangai 18 comes before Bangai 17 in the henro trail.

When it was time for a break, I couldn’t find a vending machine just when I needed one. When I finally got one, I didn’t get any drink because I needed the toilet suddenly and had to finish off my two bananas which were going to rot after banging around while I was walking.

Around 11am, I reached the out-of-the-place Bangai. Noticed they had a Main Hall only as well. There was also a very nice lake besides the temple, which I took a few pictures. Next, I had to go back to Temple 75 following almost the same path! Stopped at an Udon restaurant for lunch and it was nice, although the serving was small. There was wifi too and got hooked up for a while catching up on my messages.

Nowadays, my back seemed to be more uncomfortable than my shoulders. And somehow I had been using less of my hip these days! I felt very sleepy already and tried to walk with eyes closed. It worked for 2 seconds! Passed by some outlets and heard people singing karaoke!

At 3:15pm, I was backed at the reception office at Temple 75. The timing was just right and I met the same staff who served me yesterday. He seemed to be hesitated when I asked if I could stay one more night! Maybe he was on his way to knock off. Checked in and had my tea break at the lodging. Then, I prepared for my laundry and shopping!! I love Marunaka supermarket! Big and cheap! I couldn’t find the same yogurt with cereal today, and bought a whole bag instead since I really like to eat cereal tomorrow morning!! And of course, I got a bag of my heavenly raisin butter bun as well!!!

I felt great this evening because I managed to achieve all I wanted to do in a perfect planning. After shopping for my food, I also managed to get a present for my god daughter for her 1st birthday and a nice birthday card. Couldn’t reveal it yet in case I uploaded this blog and my god daughter’s parents read it, before they receive the parcel and miss the surprise. Then, the coin laundry (the nicer and bigger one) was along the way. Slotted in my dirty clothing and went to a nearby post office. Noticed it was already closed at 5pm, but I was lucky there was one that opened till 7pm not far away because it was just next to the coin laundry where I dried my shoe yesterday! Sent my present and came back to the coin laundry just in time for drying. My present turned out to be cheaper than the mailing charges! =] The 10 minutes drying was just enough to fully dry all my clothes except a couple of socks but that was no issues. After that, it was perfect timing for my dinner at a place near the wifi area and close to my lodging. I had a fried Udon (yes, you have to eat Udon everyday when you are at Kagawa Prefecture) and six takoyaki (the sotong thing). The meal was great and very filling. The takoyaki already could make you full.

After dinner, I uploaded my blog and stayed online to catch up with friends for a while till 10pm. Today wasn’t as cold as yesterday! Then, I went back and still had the stomach for supper. Packed up a bit and realized I had dropped something AGAIN!! This time was my glove which I just bought from the convenient store a few days ago! The last time I saw it, I remembered saying to myself “I hate gloves!!”

Today, I met my target again at 23km.

2 comments:

  1. apa nih.. gloves pun boleh hilang. You should tie everything securely to Ah Wing. I trust him more than you. Meeting targets, eh? nice one. Kuan.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. nowadays, ah wing has many things tied around him, food, books, jacket, rubbish !!

    an btw, i so love my gloves now.. i had them on almost all the time!!

    ReplyDelete