Saturday 23 October 2010

20th Oct – Tian Zi Fang and Seven Treasure Old Street

Restaurants at Tian Zi FangOld shops at Tian Zi FangMet up with Jo to visit Tian Zi Fang (田子坊) at Tai Kang Road today. This place is like an old street with shops and restaurants with plenty of opportunity to take pictures. Bought an old postcard for my sis who loves old stuffs so much and mailed to her. The Post Office here is very Jo with a panda backpackhardworking. They work from Messages left by patrons at the teddy bear restaurant7am to 7pm!! Back to Tian Zi Fang. Jo in a teddy bear restaurant!That place was originally named Zhi Cheng Fang (志成坊) making me more fond of the place, that we spent around 5 hours there, More restaurants at Tian Zi Fanglooking at 1kg burger challengephotographs from famous photographers and window shopping around. There was this interesting restaurant which offers patron who can finish a 1kg burger in 10minutes Vietnamese beerfor free!! 1kg is no kidding. We saw some photos of the hall of famers from various countries who managed to do it.

After that, Jo brought me to Seven Treasure (七宝) Old Street. Quite a famous tourist spots too. Perhaps we were already late, so the crowd was not that bad. This was so called the closest to any of those water towns famous around Shanghai like Tongli, Zhujiajiao and Zhou Zhuang. Since it is also geographically closer to the city, the place is definitely not as great as those further away.
Promised Yap’s in law that I would be back for dinner. They are really very nice people. And of course, home cooked food is always the best! I love the meal so much =]River at Seven Treasure Old StreetMe reciting a poetryBusy Seven Treasure Old Street

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding!!! 志成坊?? Jeez... you bet I love it to bits already!!! And thanks for the postie. Mama was jealous. Haha. I told her sorry too bad.

    It made my day. And it's stuck on my work desk (your writing's side up), next to me and popo's favourite picture. I need to keep my favourite things next to me to keep me motivated at work.

    Btw, I will be having my best memory of popo as part of an ad I am working on. It reads something along "My favourite moments are having my granny hold my hand, read the lines on my palm and tell me stories she had told me over and over again." It makes me tear a little still. Sorry hijack your blog for my personal muse: Popo, we miss you.xx

    ReplyDelete