Thursday 19 June 2014

BWC2014 - 11th June (Day 28 - 13th Working Day)


VIP Area...
Overpriced snacks & beverages!
I always saw this 946 bus which goes to the bus terminal every morning and timed its arrival around 7:45am outside my house.  I looked at my watch, which said 7:38am. Just another 5 minutes wait. So why not give it a try! Truly enough, the bus came at 7:45am sharp! I was a happy man since I didn't have to walk for 20min today! Unfortunately, the happiness only last for 20 minutes too. After more than 30 minutes, I was still circling around Vicente Pires!! Only 45 minutes later did the bus exit to the main road!! Obviously I was late for the day.




Field access required for
those planning to run naked
during the match!
Saw a lot of fire engines outside the stadium when I reached. Perhaps all were getting ready for the opening day of World Cup 2014 tomorrow!




Portable air-conditioning!
Insider news from Colombia!
Started to feel chilly and sneezing! Sign of a cold coming!! I kept drinking lots of water to make sure that didn’t happen.  The wind was getting stronger.

It was another quiet morning. Met Dilson and Thiago who were on their first day of work. After lunch, Laura brought us for a tour because there were two new guys around. Thiago was actually from a city 200km away. He drove here all the way just to participate in the event.



Two visitors checking
the field!
I love sun tanning....

Very well-decorated stadium!
Initially, I thought it was the system
which captures all the players'
statistics!
Past World Cup posters at the
Volunteer Centre
We all went home doing nothing today. I Ieft early around 5:30pm to get a lift from Thiago. He was going to Taguatinga. He was new with the roads in Brasilia. Marcus gave him some direction which I realized later that it was actually going the other highway parallel to EPTG. And, it was too far to stop me half way along the road at Vicente Pires. Hence, I had to follow Thiago all the way to Taguatinga and that was really a pain. We were stuck in the traffic for more than 2 hours! 

In the end, I was directing a Brazilian back to his destination instead, using the Google map. Finally I found someone who has lesser sense of direction than me!! (Sorry Thiago if you happened to read this. I was just teasing you) Making sure Thiago was safely "home", I walked to the main road and caught a bus back to EPTG. Eventually, I spent 3 hours to get home, feeling conned by Marcus for suggesting to Thiago to send me along. (Sorry Marcus if you happened to read this. I was just teasing you)

Quickly showered, I went to bed exhausted as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment