Tuesday 10 June 2014

BWC2014 - 7th June (Day 24 - 10th Working Day!)

Cheese and butter crepe
for breakfast today!  Goes
very well with coffee!
It was a Saturday morning. The traffic was smoother. Reached earlier than expected. Felt kind of regret not extending my stay here longer to travel around South America and Mexico to meet some friends!

Fuleco at loose!
Today, the crowd was back! There was training in the morning and the afternoon too. As soon as I reached, I immediately got into work, handing out water bottles to volunteers one by one. I stayed at the cloakroom, where the water machine was, untill around 11.  After that, three of us from the Catering team went over to the drink station all prepared for the lunch attack!

At the Centre, there were musics playing all day.  Mostly Brazilian songs and I like them! Many of them sounds like Blues or Jazz. Francisco said many Rock musicians in Brazil also came from Brasilia!

After the rush hours, we took a short break before Bid brought the rest of the Catering team to the stadium's presentation room. There was a training for us too! 

Best lunch so far
at the Centre!
As always, the session was conducted in Portuguese. Bid reassured me that he would arrange another day to brief me on the content. 

Catering Team presentation!
Tony started the introduction.  Bid took over after that. We continued with a self introduction from each of us!! When it was finally my turn, everyone was yelling "In Portuguese Ben, in Portuguese!" 

I took a deep breath. 
"Voce todos, boa tarde!", the responds were good for a start!
"Tudou Bom?!" The crowd replied the same! So far so good, I thought. 
"Estou Ben. Agora casa Vicente Pires." I started to talk nonsense and Tony quickly saved me from further embarrassment. He rather had me speaking in English while Bid did the translation.

Media Working Area!
"Sunlight" for the grass!
After everyone had done their introduction, Bid began his presentation. It didn’t take long before the momentum and atmosphere created the best moment to feel dozy! I remained professional and stayed alert throughout the whole session, while trying to do some translation on some of the slides. It wasn’t a long talk thankfully. Tony took over again and after a long while, all of us got a new pin. Then, there were more discussion which I had no idea at all what was going on. Later did I realize we were doing a ballot to decide who gets the extra pin and a notebook. Eventually, Liberal got the pin while I took the 2nd last pick and "won" the booklet! Everyone was cheering for me except Joao, who was always teasing with me. He often called me “Cingapura” instead of my name!

After the presentation, Bid and Tony brought us around the stadium. Mainly to those places where we would be assigned to work, like the other two restaurants just outside the Volunteer Centre, the stadium media centre's (SMC) cafeteria, the medical area and media working area. We also get to visit the VIP and VVIP areas, which were more furnished now. In fact, the stadium has been well decorated compared to the first day I was here!

Kate, one of the my fellow Catering co-worker, invited me to her mother's birthday party on the 28th June!  Within a month, I heard of mothers' birthday for the 3rd time! Days before, Alessandra told me her mom's birthday is this coming weekend! And I had just attended Lhorena's mom party on the last day of May!

All in one rhythm -
The theme of World Cup 2104
Catering Team with Fuleco!
We ended our tour around 5pm. Joao, Luiz, Bid and myself played a few games of table tennis. After which, Luiz offered to send me to the bus terminal. Luiz is a 24 year old handsome man just married for two months!

It was still early for dinner. I took the bus home and reached home pretty fast. Went to the supermarket to get some sausages, and cabbage to cook my meal tonight! Since tomorrow was my off day, it was high time to stock up my beer in the fridge too! I finished off my last two packets of "Mee Rebus" instant noodles. And I thought I could withhold the temptation longer!

Catering team during the tour..
My last packets of
Mee Rebus!
Watched an amazing Roland Garros women final between Sharapova and Simona Halep from Romania. Sharapova eventually won in three sets that lasted for more than 3 hours! 

It was still early for bed so I decided to catch a show on my laptop. Picked a Hong Kong R-rated movie but it was more like a bedtime lullaby instead. Dozed off a couple of times during the show indeed!  Could you believe that?!

Anyway, it was just nice to build the "kick" to go to bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment