Sunday 8 June 2014

BWC2014 - 6th June (Day 23 - 9th Working Day!)


Trust me, the antelope is there....
if you see close enough!

Fuleco's the mascot!

From inside the bus this morning, I saw jerseys on sales in the middle of a highway!! Passed through the zoo again and caught an antelope for free this time! If I pass by a few more times, perhaps I could catch all the animals in the zoo without paying!
 




Checked! Bom Almoso!

Met two new members of our Catering team, Ellen and Kate, today. Tony said we could start the packing in the afternoon. So, we just chilled around till lunch time. He asked if I have any preference and when I said no, he assigned me to the privileged task of sitting at the entrance to handle the check out today.  I got a break from standing long period handling out the drinks!


The trophy is here in Brasilia!

After all these days here, I still could not help adding in those Japanese phrases while trying to communicate with the local people. Perhaps, I was in a foreign land now and that was the only foreign language I was more familiar with.  Even "obrigado" once became "arigatou"! Another reason was probably the Portuguese language had just too many syllabus! A "see you later" would need double the syllabus to pronounce as in "voje voce mais tarde"! I could hardly react fast enough! Often, I would say "chotto" instead of "por favor aguarde"!



Exit to the stadium!

We finished off the dark blue today, cleaned up the place and did some rearranging to organize the storage of these food bags. Bid then told me that Yasmin’s teacher, would like to invite me to her school for a sharing session!  I became like the ambassador of Singapore now.  Earlier, a fellow volunteer also invited me to join her team for lunch tomorrow, but unfortunately I have my shift!

We knocked off around 6.  I walked to the bus terminal instead with Tiago. His phone was Windows based and the platform was not supported yet to rent the bicycle. Tiago was talking to his girlfriend on the cell phone and asked me to chip in a few words too!



Street artists painting a
T-shirt!
Men in black (literally)
handing out ads!

He went to take the subway while I had my dinner at the food court as usual. Today, I met Mauro! He was having a beer waiting for his wife shopping. He knew some English and we chatted over a beer. Mauro was so eager to continue that he offered me another glass! I could not bare to disappoint him. Just when our beer was ready, Mauro’s wife returned. They were getting ready to have dinner. She didn't speak English at all and very courteously excused herself so that we could continue our men's talk! Mauro by now was doing most of the talking. His wife returned in 10 minutes or so, probably rushing her husband! We quickly finished off the beer and exchanged contacts. I bid them good night and walked over to take the bus.

There must be a Brazil football match today because everyone was just standing and watching at the mall and the bus terminal, wherever they could get hold of a TV!

Reached home, showered, updated the blog and went to bed looking forward to tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I am still waiting for you to post something on papayar....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. thanks for reading.. how papayar would you like it to be?! =]

      Delete