Saturday 7 June 2014

BWC2014 - 5th June (Day 22 - 8th Working Day!)

No luck with the free shuttle bus yet.


For the first time, many of my buses were too full to fit in. Luckily there were many buses that goes to the terminal station and I didn't have to wait for long. I think there will be a lot more of "first time" experience here!

Brazil has this nice culture in the bus, where those seated will offer to take your bag if you are standing. I was offered the third time since I came here.


See! I'm not the only still using XP!

The conductors were surely nice too. There was once when I only had a hundred Real bill and wondered if I should board the bus. I have it a shot anyway, and was really surprised the conductor didn't even complain to me or grumbled at all!! Instead, he just patiently asked me to wait so that he could count $98 change for me while at the same time collecting the bus fare from other passengers whom were queuing to board


One of the colourful food bag,
dark blue!
At the check-in counter, a fellow volunteer invited me have a meal with her and family! Brazilian people are just amazing! Could you imagine, Bid even said those from the north east thinks Brasilia people are actually cold!! He said they would feed you at their home and "put you into sleep" (Bid exact words) Sounds like a conman trying to drug you! Of course, that was not true and I knew exactly what he meant. It was just like a family at Shikoku, Japan, who invited me to dine with them and then offered me a very comfortable bed to bunk the night!! Comes to think of it, I missed Ken-chan a lot! Please feel free to read my adventure in Japan as a pilgrim at http://benmustbecrazy.blogspot.com.br/2010/11/7th-nov-day-1-temple-43-meisekiji.html ! (The reason how this blog was started)


How can a football event
without a table football
game?!

Our daily tasks were as usual. After lunch, we started packing the dark blue food bag. Working here as a volunteer reminded me of those days helping in the university as a committee member of the Cultural Club! Everyone was very united and enthusiastic working as a team! After saving my contact as Ben 10, Bid has a new nickname for me, the Gastro Boy, because he said I worked like a machine!

Recreation at Volunteer Centre!
The Volunteer Centre was getting more and more equipped! We have a table tennis and two table soccers too now!

We ended around 5:30pm. I cycled to the bus terminal. There seemed to be staffs clearing the bicycles at this hour there.

Once again, I was at the food court. Went to the same stall and it wasn't difficult at all for the attendants to recognize the only non Portuguese speaking person in town! Somehow, Burger King was always a long queue.

I reached home really tired and gave myself a break from updating the blog. Wanted to finish the NBA Final Game 1 between the Hears and Spurs, but my eyes could only handled till half time.

1 comment: