Wednesday 11 June 2014

BWC2014 - 8th June (Day 25 - Paranoa Lake Visit!)

The famous JK Bridge!

The signage says it all!

It was great to have an off day. But glad I didn't over sleep. Woke up around 8:30am and started my run at 9. Went for 5km again and planned for some workout after that. But Fernanda's mom was watering the grass and cleaning the exterior area. So, I had my shower and breakfast earlier. Strawberry jam goes well with banana too!

Forgotten it was the Roland Garros men's final this morning! I missed the first set where Djokovic won 6-4. Second set was thrilling. Nadal leveled it at 7-5. After which. Djokovic lost steam and eventually the final in 6-2 and 6-4. I didn't catch the last set because I had an appointment at 2pm with Aldo for SOP (Stand On Paddle) at the lake.



It was a wonderful sunny afternoon indeed!
A great place for picnic and a swim!

I was really looking forward to the activity this afternoon.  Seen people doing SOP at Bali and Taiwan and would very much like to try it myself too.  Caio also contacted me this morning and would like to join us later as well.  So, I “dressed up” for the event and went to the bus terminal myself.  I reached the meeting point just on time. Unfortunately, Aldo couldn’t make it in the end and we had to arrange another day for the SOP! 


Third Stand On Paddler!
 (No, I'm kidding..
don't strained your eyes!)
Two Stand On Paddlers!
 (Yes, I'm serious!)

Caio came to the bus terminal to meet me and brought me to the lake instead. It was one of the many spots around the lake where there is a Saint John Bosco Chapel. There was a huge open area, best for picnics. Many were chilling around. Some was playing the game of balancing on something long and elastic. There were also many people swimming too. We tested the water and found it pretty cold! Reminded me of the icy sea water when I was at a beach at Bilbao, Spain. It was such a hot day but the water was so cold that my toes froze in 4 seconds!!

We walked further up the path to see where it led too, and chatted about Monash University, Springvale, Chadstone and many familiar places in and around Melbourne. Oh.. it brought back so many fond memories!

Wonderful Ashai!
(my keyboard could not
Pineapples! Reminded me of durian!

The walking path goes endless. We turned back and returned to the car park. Caio then drove me to this stall for Açaí and it tasted so much better than the one I had before at the mall.  After that, Caio had to send his girlfriend to the airport. So, he dropped me along ETPG where I could catch the bus home. I thanked him a lot for the day!

Today, I decided to cook at home again! One more Penang curry laksa gone and I was left with two only! Added two sausages, some cabbages, and an egg! Wow.. it was yummy!  Later, Fernanda's mom threw in some fish slices and my soup tasted just like fish curry!!!  

After the wonderful meal, I stayed up to watch the NBA final game 2. Spurs missed 4 free throws in a row at the final minutes and it came back to haunt them, losing the match 98-96. The series tied at one apiece.

I managed to finish the game and went to bed happily!

No comments:

Post a Comment