Friday 6 June 2014

BWC2014 - 4th June (Day 21 - 7th Working Day!)

Welcome to Volunteer
Centre!
I noticed the bike was not available again at the station near the bus terminal. I reckon it probably never would at this morning rush hour. There were just too few I guess.

Where is everyone this morning?!
This morning was soooo quiet. There were only Laura and myself. And just very few other volunteers. The Volunteer Centre was like an empty nest! Basically, I waited till lunch time updating my blog and chatting on the phone!

Bid came around noon and after lunch, we grabbed the rest of the food bags over from the container and some other snacks needed to be replenished. Found something very interesting today, a half full bottle of coke and an empty popcorn pack!


Even Coke is not perfect!
Empty popcorn surprise!
Later, we had Debora, Livia and João joining us. We completed the pink and a whole set of green as well! Because of our effort, Bid gave us a little token of appreciation each!!

It rained two days in a row! But I was lucky that it stopped when we were about to leave. I cycled to the bus terminal again and wondering on the way if I could ended up like the lady I met yesterday whom didn't have a slot to return her bike. Thankfully, there were staffs around today to clear them! I was once again lucky enough.

The food court has been my dining room nowadays. I tried a different outlet and the serving seemed more and cheaper too. I could not help but to get a glass of beer as well. When the price was about the same as a soda, I was left with only one choice!

Completed green food bags!
At the bus terminal, I saw hawkers running for their life. It must be "bandaraya" (city hall council) on patrol.

Roland Garros Quarter-final
between R.Nadal & D.Ferrer
When I reached home at the security gate this evening, I met two of my neighbours. One of them speaks German, Spanish, and Portuguese! He said there were a visitor from Hong Kong staying my host earlier. He invited her for a coffee at his place and would like invite me as well. I thanked him in advance. You must be wondering how could I understood him so well?! Haha. That was because there was another guy who speaks very fluent English helping us to do the translation! Caio, is a civil engineering student and studied one year twinning at Melbourne, Monash University! Yes!! And we were even from the same Clayton campus!!

Caio just finished his run. We exchanged contact and he was really nice to offer to drive me around on weekends when he was not serving his internship work!

I saw the highlights how Ferrer was beaten by Nadal in the quarters before going to bed.

3 comments:

  1. How much for the room? Big? O.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R$1000 a month. It was small but more than enough for one person =]

      Delete