Tuesday 3 June 2014

BWC2014 - 1st June (Day 18 - 5th Working Day)



As expected, it wasn’t easy to get out of that comfortable bed, especially when the morning was chilly!  Anyway, I managed through.
drink cards and puncher!
I was wondering why no one was walking with me to the bus stop. Only then I realized it was a Sunday! The fruits stalls along the way were not around too. The traffic was so smooth, I reached the terminal in 20min. After which, I took a similar bus to the stadium and arrived around 8:30am!

Today was the 2nd day of training. Hence there were already many people around the centre. No time for slacking, I immediately helped out handing waters to the volunteers who just arrived.  Met a coordinator named L...................... (I am always forgetful with names).  I was stationed there almost the whole morning until we shifted two of the fridges over to the cloakroom.  Soon, lunch period began and it seemed to be more people today than it was yesterday. The drinks in the fridge ran out so fast.  Finally, I met a few more foreigners these two days, from London and France.  Until yesterday, I had only seen Pedro from Spain!  Bid also shared with me that “t” actually only sounds like “ch” in Brasilia and the southern part of Brazil.  At the northern ends, they keep the “t” sound!

During the lunch, I met Aldo and Didi again.  They ended their training early today and Aldo came to over to have a chat with me.  He was trying to get more days from Elmer.  

More packing!  This round
was pink bags!
Oh, I love Bike Brasilia...
After lunch, it was time for more food bags packing.  Today, we had Luiz, Otto, Laura, Bid and myself.  We started with a new set of food bag, the pink bag, and completed about 400+ of them, and knocked off around 4:30pm.  I walked over to the bicycle station just opposite at the accreditation centre, trying to figure out how to rent one.  Since it required registration, I didn’t get to try out the bike today.  I walked to the bus terminal again and look out for the bike station there, which was luckily really close by.

Since tomorrow would be my off day, I decided to have a few beers and some tidbits to go with a movie in the room!  The bus ride back home was equally fast.  I bought my “provisions” at the supermarket and then went to “Mavericks” for my dinner.  Again, I ordered the same old dish, fillet beef with, of course, the super chilled draft beer!  They seemed to have performers every night!  Enjoying the music and the beer, I took my own sweet time with my meal.

I also planned for Penang Curry Mee for supper actually, but the dinner was so full, that I had only one beer and kept my tidbits intact!  I picked a Hong Kong movie, Natural Lover 天生愛情狂, starring Chilam!  It was pretty humorous at the beginning, but the plot got lost in the middle, and then ended like most comedy love story did, with a little self-thought from the director for the viewer to digest!  Slept at 1am after the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment