Friday 6 June 2014

BWC2014 - 3rd June (Day 20 - 6th Working Day!)

It was getting tougher and tougher to wake up these days. The journey was very smooth except that my travel card had ran out of credit! I reached around 8:30am and found out that some of the volunteers actually started their shift at 6am! 

I wanted to try the bicycle this morning but it was all taken up and hence I took the bus again. Met a fellow volunteer, Ugo, in the bus too. 

Trying out the hats before decorating
them!
Today, I helped out a little on the decorations with Juliana and Laura. After which, Bid and I went to carry more stuffs from the container to our Meal Allowance room for the food bag packing. Cleared up some of the rubbish there and got ready for action later in the afternoon. 

After two days of busy lunch crowd, today was back to one of those quiet days again. Saw another foreigner, Gary from New Zealand but didn't get the chance to talk to him. 

Today, I met another fellow volunteer in the Catering team, Alessandra. We had a "language exchange" session while serving the drinks! 

For the first time since I was here more than 2 weeks, it began to rain in the afternoon! And heavily too!

Our lunch time actually ends at 3pm. Since it was pretty quiet, Bid, Marcus and I left the girls there and started our packing earlier. 

Soy bean + grapes juice =
delicious!!
We continued with the pink bags today. The girls joined later. Bid had to go for a meeting. We still have about 70 to go when we ran out of the pinks bag. Called Bid and he suggested we box up those completed one first. We used all possible empty boxes we could find, including those new ones from the snacks, but still left a few pink bags lying around. 

We locked the area and back to our "holding" place! The international friend match between Brazil vs Panama has just started. We spent the rest of the hour and half waiting for Bid. Some of the gang left their bags in the Catering office which was locked. Alessandra was in a hurry and even asked me if I could try to fish out her bag using a stick because the room has no roof. Unfortunately, it was really more than dream task. Eventually, Bid returned around 5:30pm and we were free to go. 

I love Bike Brasilia!
Luckily, the rain had stopped. I walked opposite to the accreditation centre where the bicycle stand is. The rental system was all controlled by an App that you need to download, register with a credit card as deposit and have an internet access. It was much easier to rent here as compared to the system at Kaohsiung, Taiwan, where you need to swipe your credit card all the time. Here, I just need to login, enter the station number and choose an available bike! Another very good advantage was, everyone could rent at the same time without queuing for one counter!

There was really no proper bike path though. I reached the bus terminal and was very lucky to get the last slot at the station to return the bicycle. I apologized to the lady who came just 2min later with her bike. 

Went to the food court for my dinner before heading home. A hot shower after the long day felt great. Updated my blog and wanted to catch the Roland Garros, but these days staying up later than 11pm was already a challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment